With the corona outbreak changing our lives. Data entry jobs have got immensely popular in Malaysia. Most people here find data entry as a job of their convenience and often tend to make a career in this field.
This is that one of those jobs that is exactly the way it sounds and that’s what gives a clear picture to the potential candidates.
Data is been all around us and almost all companies depend heavily on data to make revenue hence they depend on a professional who can segment information by keying, preserving, and saving data by using computer software and confirming that data is organized and stored in a precise and well-organized manner.
So, if you are the one who wishes to take data entry jobs in Malaysia, then here is what you must know before entering into a career to develop successfully.
Demand for potential candidates
In modern planning, the data entry outsourcing in business is quite difficult with immense data norms and demands ample dedication, effectiveness, and relevant source of access.
There are various companies that look forward to outsourcing data entry requirements and focus on core business areas.
This is one of the major ways to enhance employee demand in Malaysia creating also this is a support system for companies to improve their management information system as data is of supreme importance in Malaysia.
Work Visa Requirement
Malaysia has a great number of foreign nationals and ex-pats.
The people who visit here with a sole purpose to work should know that to obtain a work visa in Malaysia, there are a few requirements that you must know, these are as follows:
- The candidate should minimum be 27 years of age to work in any sector (except the IT sector where minimum age is 23).
- At the moment of submitting the application, the candidate should have a remaining passport validity of 18 months.
- The work permits in Malaysia are usually issued for periods between 6 months to 5 years depending upon the sector you are specialized in.
Job Responsibilities in Data Entry Jobs:
- Inputting customer Data
- Arranging manual data electronically
- Typing manuscripts
- Transliterating documents
- Accumulation and sorting of market research results
- Inputting data (printed, statistical, coded)
- Data Proofreading
- Updating backend medical data
- Recording sales invoice data
- Smart data entry
- Working of data entry software as per business requirement
Educational Qualification required to take-up Data Entry Jobs in Malaysia
Although, there is no rule for a candidate to have specific education for this job role most employers in Malaysia find it relevant to hire potential candidates GCSEs (grades A-C) in Mathematics, (ICT) Information Computer Technology, and English.
There are various computer institutes and societies that offer relevant qualifications to find data entry jobs easily, these are:
- (New CLAIT) OCR Certificate and diploma for IT users
- BCS European Computer Driving License
These courses are though not mandatory but most employers take a skill test or aptitude test before being offered a data entry job.
So, it is important for candidates to have proficient typing skills as word per minute is a crucial way to test an effective potential employee.
Skills Required to Take up Data Entry jobs
- Proficient Typing Skills.
- Basic computer education and understanding of relevant software.
- Literacy and numeracy skills
- Attention to detail.
- Good Spelling, punctuation, and grammar
- Good knowledge of Data Protection Act
Which All Sectors are Most Prominent to Hire for Data Entry Jobs in Malaysia
The major type of organizations that hire for data entry jobs in Malaysia are as follows:
- Local authorities
- Support services
- Corporate bodies
- Small businesses
- Web-based companies
- Government Companies
Salary Scale for Data Entry Jobs in Malaysia
- At the initial level of a job as Data Entry Clerk with less than 1 year of work experience, one can expect to take home an average total of RM 17,617.
- In an early career with work experience of 1-4 years may earn an average total salary of RM 15,300.
- Progressing in mid-career data entry executive with 5-9 years of work experience can make an average total compensation of RM 28,966.
- Highly experienced candidates in the field of data entry jobs with 10-19 years of work experience may take home an average total salary of RM 30,000.
So, if you are the one looking for data entry jobs in Malaysia, then this a complete guide that you may follow to ace in this career.
Sponsored Post Monster.com
Nikhil Mishra is marketing communications professional with Monster.com. Monster is a global online employment solution for people seeking jobs and the employers who need great people. Nikhil has a diverse career and has been a former journalist, copywriter, and avid communications professional. His passion for the field of marketing and communications is a motivating force for his present career choice.