Top 5 Programming Languages of Time
Java is the most popular Object Oriented Programming language and first choice of the programmers. It is a WORA i.e. Write Once and Run Anywhere. A compiled Java code can be run on any platform without recompilation and that is the beauty of Language. Compiled byte-code run on JVM – Java Virtual Machine.
Java is developed by James Gosling a Canadian and at Sun Sun Microsystem in the year 1995 . Right now Sun Microsystem is acquired by Oracle.
The latest version released in March 2019 is Java SE 12.
Features of Java
- Object Oriented Programming Systems
- Robust and Reliable
- Used for High-performance applications
- Portable and Platform independent
Which Type of Applications can be designed on Java
- Web Applications and Websites like banking, ticket booking applications.
- Mobile Applications like Games.
- Desktop Applications
- Web Servers
Java Development Frameworks : Hibernate,Spring MVC,Apache Struts etc
Website : https://www.java.com
High performance and most lovable programming language of the recent time is Python. It is popular because of its different syntax and style of coding standard. Unlike almost the language it doesn’t use semicolon (;) and multiple white spaces.It is an High- Level and interpreted Language.
Python is created by Guido van Rossum and in 1991 the first release was available for public use.
Features of Python-
- Automatic memory management
- Run time type casting
- The rich and comprehensive library
- Object-oriented Programming System
Applications of Python-
- Artificial Intelligence
- Machine Learning
- Web applications
- IoT- Internet of Things
- Software Testing
- Python is widely used in scientific and numeric computing.
- Desktop GUI
Python Development Frameworks : Django, Pyramid, Flask , Bottle etc.
Websites : https://www.python.org
Developed in 1995 by Netscape and was known as Live Script. It is also known as ES6 Script . The task of development was done under supervision of Brendan Eich .
- Prototype Language
- Event Driven Language
- It depends on the Host Environment.
- Interactive web pages
- One Page applications
- Asynchronous Loading
- With Node Js it can be used as a Server side tool.
C is an imperative and structured procedural programming language. It is known as the Mother of All the modern programming language. Almost the languages use syntax similar to that of C.It provide Low-level memory access and fastest among all language. Almost the Operating systems are written in C including Windows,Mac, Linux.
C was originally developed at Bell Labs by Dennis Ritchie, between 1972 and 1973. This is the most popular programming language nowadays.
Features of C-
- Structured and robust,reliable
- Fast and procedural
- Low memory access
- Cross platform compatibility
- System Software and OS.
- Widely used in Embedded systems.
- Various range of application software.
- Develop New Programming languages and compilers.
Swift is inherited from Objective C. Largely Objective C is used by Apple to develop its product. Now swift is an alternative of Objective C.It is a Protocol Oriented Programming Language and widely used for Developing applications for iOS,Mac . Swift works with Apple’s Cocoa and Cocoa Touch frameworks.
According to fact represented by Wikipedia , Swift won first place for Most Loved Programming Language in the Stack Overflow Developer Survey 2015 and second place in 2016.
Development of Swift-
Development of Swift started in July 2010 by Chris Lattner and was introduced at Apple’s 2014 Worldwide Developers Conference.
Features of Swift-
- Protocol oriented Programming language
- Compiled Programming language
- Dynamic Dispatch
- Late binding
- Named parameters
Applications of Swift-
- An alternative to Objective C
- Widely used for Apple Inc. Products, like iOS, Mac,watchOS, tvOS etc.
Frameworks for Swift: Cocoa and Cocoa Touch frameworks
Source from https://en.wikipedia.org/
More Useful articles:-