In the go, we can change, load and create HTML DOM and can do actions on them.
So jQuery is a powerful library. jQuery functionality provides a smoother User Experience. It facilitates a handy tool to the programmers and designers.
The jQuery library has the following important features:
- jQuery is an OPEN SOURCE
- We can add CSS and styles to HTML using jQuery functionality
- jQuery handles the HTML event methods like click, hover, change, blur, etc
- It is easy to manage Effects and animations when we are going with jQuery
- It simplifies the AJAX request
- jQuery has vast Utilities like jQuery Mobile, jQuery UI
- A huge community is available over multiple networks
- Compatible to almost the browsers
Few useful jQuery Functionality :
show(): display a hidden dom, set a style property display as Block.
hide(): Hide the selector from dom tree, visible on the browser.
animate(): Apply animation effects with selectors.
empty(): Empty the dom and also removes the child elements.
remove(): remove selector dom from tree
removeClass():remove class or classes from selectors
addClass():add class or classes to the selectors
toggleClass():add and remove simultaneously
stop(): stop the propagation of events
fadeIn():hide dom with a fading down effect.
fadeOut():display dom with a fading out effect.
Must Read: jQuery Functionality